Learn About Water Facts
Surprising Facts About Water
Did You Know. . .
- According to nutritionists and healthcare professionals, we need to drink four or more glasses of water every day in order to stay healthy.
- Water is the only substance on Earth naturally found in three elemental forms: solid, liquid and gas.
- Nature does not create new water — it recycles the same water that existed on Earth billions of years ago.
- Each day the sun causes about one trillion tons of water to evaporate.
- Americans use about 26.1 billion gallons of water per day for household chores.
- On average, each person in the United States uses between 80 and 100 gallons of water per day. The largest use of household water is to flush the toilet and to take showers and baths.
- An ear of corn is 80 percent water.
- Nearly 70 percent of the human body is made up of water — the lungs alone are 90 percent water and the brain, 70 percent.
- On average, 50 to 70 percent of summer household water use is for watering lawns and gardens.
- Americans drink more than one billion glasses of tap water per day.
- Every year Americans consume 2.5 billion gallons of bottled water.
- Water facilitates weight loss and helps you stay healthy and regular, especially important when you are on a diet.